On 10/11/2012 1:59 PM, redpath wrote:

I have a PKCS7 file with signature in the envelope.
What API function can I use to open the PKCS7 to extract the signature data
and length
and then verify the message digest? The verify is shown below assuming I got
the signature
data and length.

int rc = ECDSA_verify(0, md, 20, signaturedata, signaturelength, pubeckey);

Kinda hard to find the right functions which seems to be a pretty common
thing.
I did search the forum for this.

There are two APIs for this:

CMS_verify()

and

PKCS7_dataVerify()

Each with a lot of related sibling functions.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S. http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark. Direct +45 31 13 16 10