I am trying to develop a java utility based on Bouncy Castle that should be
able to sign and encrypt data which can later be decrypted and verified on
the server side (openssl).

Data encrypted by BC gets decrypted fine with Openssl
Data signed by BC gets verified fine with Openssl

But when I sign and encrypt data with BC and use OpenSSL to decrypt and
verify, it fails.
But if I only decrypt this content, it decrypts fine. However the output of
this decryption when I try to verify, it fails. I then opened the output of
decryption, removed the first 3 lines from it. These lines were the 2
Headers and a blank line. After this the verification also went thru fine.

So I am not sure how to avoid these extra headers that gets passed as input
to openssl verification.

My decrypt and verify is something like this ->
openssl smime -decrypt -in $1 -recip $2 -inkey $3 | openssl smime -verify
-CAfile $4 -out $5

These were the extra lines I deleted ->
A blank line

Anyone know of a solution, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dwipin.