On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:35:04PM -0400, Dave Thompson wrote:

> > I am assuming RSA though I would like to do ECDSA.
>
> These APIs will use any privatekey for which a signature
> scheme is available; that's RSA DSA ECDSA (or pedantically
> EC; openssl uses the same EC_KEY struct for ECDSA and ECDH).
> (In general openssl routines using EVP_PKEY will handle many
> key types, that's exactly what the EVP level is for.)

For some time CMS did not support ECDSA (recipient public keys),
only RSA was supported.  Has that changed recently?  One needs to
recipient public keys to encrypt the message key to each recipient,
which is different from the sender key used for signing. There was
no code for that last time I looked, is there a suitable standard
for using ECDSA with CMS recipients? I just tried with 1.0.1e and
could only encrypt to an RSA recipient.

--
        Viktor.