On 17 July 2013 00:11, Jay Pipes <jaypi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Absolutely, that is what our tools team is now having to do. All I'm saying
> is that this wasn't necessary in Folsom and wouldn't be necessary if the API
> didn't force networks to be created with a tenant ID.

What's wrong with a shared network?  It's been a while since I was the
one doing the network setup steps, but I believe you create, perhaps
with your admin user, a network with --shared, create a subnet for
that network, make sure it routes appropriately, and voila! There's
one network in the system and with no nova boot options (note: nova
boot doesn't need the subnet to get an address, anyway, though you can
explictly specify network) your VM will join all visible networks on
the system - being the one and only shared network.

There are certainly other deployment options, such as the
one-network-per-tenant model you seem to have in mind, but I think the
above one mirrors the nova-network style you're used to the closest.
--
Ian.