Hi,

The use of mox (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mox/0.5.3) across the test
suites in the Openstack project is quite extensive. This is probably due to
the fact that it is the most familiar mocking object framework for most
python developers.

However there is big drawback with using mox across all of the OpenStack
projects is that it is not python3 compatible. This makes python3
compliance problematic because we want the test suites to be compatible as
well.

While thinking about this problem for a while now, while helping porting
OpenStack over to python3 there is a couple of options that as a project
can do as a whole:

1. Change mox usage to more python3 friendly such as mock. (
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mock/1.0.1). However this will cause alot of
code churn in the projects as we move away from mox to mock.

2. Use the python3 fork called pymox (https://github.com/emonty/pymox).
This project has reasonable compatibility with mox and is python3
compatible. Using this option causes less code churn. IMHO this would be
the better option.

I would like to hear peoples opinion on this.

Thanks
chuck