On Jul 19, 2013, at 3:34 AM, Jaromir Coufal <jcou...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> thanks for contribution. As long as there is no more input in gathering
> issues, I'll try to wrap all the problems up in BP's whiteboard and we can
> start designing proposals.
>
> Best
> -- Jarda

Hi Jarda,

Thanks for taking this blueprint on! I'm happy to help out in the design space
as well as it continues to move forward.

One thing I've been a bit concerned about is the left hand navigation.
Left-handed navigation takes up a fair amount of prime working real-estate and
the user would gain a lot of primary work space if this were moved to the top
of the page and horizontally placed. Also, I think that having horizontal
navigation would make it much easier as we continue to design for more than 1
level. It feels like the left-hand navigation doesn't scale very well when it
acts like the primary navigation. There is an article that was written by Louis
Lazaris in 2010 that I think is a really good read when it comes to this
discussion:
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/01/11/the-case-against-vertical-navigation/

I'm definitely interested in what others think on this topic!

Thanks again,
Liz