On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Thierry Carrez <thie...@openstack.org>wrote:

> Lorin Hochstein wrote:
> > Would it help  if doc bugs were associated with the relevant OpenStack
> > project, in addition to the openstack-manauls project? For example, we
> > could mark nova-related doc bugs as "nova" project bugs in addition to
> > "openstack-manuals" project bugs.
>
> I'm not a big fan of this idea.
>
> The goal of task tracking is to have actionable tasks that can be
> completed by committing a solution to one given repository. So if the
> fix is supposed to land in an docs repo (and not, say, in the nova
> repo), then the bug should appear in the docs task tracking, and be
> automatically closed when the commit mentioning the bug lands into that
> repository.

The problem if you add a 'nova' task for the same bug is that there will
> be no way of closing that bug automatically, since there is actually
> nothing to land in that repository. You're using task tracking to do a
> notification and an easy search for the developers. That is not what the
> 'project' means in task tracking. You're using a 'nova' task only to
> attract 'nova devs' attention. This makes the whole task tracking more
> inaccurate.
>
> I would rather use tagging to link a doc bug (or a QA bug) to a wanted
> audience, and encourage people to search for tasks being tagged with the
> name of their project, which is where their help is required. Or use
> subscription. Something that is linked to the people and not the code
> repository.

Okay, thanks for this input. I agree we need people and their attention.

Nova is the overall "winner" (cough) with 110 doc bugs followed by keystone
with 26. 110 doc bugs indicates a serious need.

Teams, please follow through on docs and see how you can help.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=nova
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=keystone
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=neutron
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=swift