On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Thierry Carrez <thie...@openstack.org>wrote:

> Anne Gentle wrote:
> > Nova is the overall "winner" (cough) with 110 doc bugs followed by
> > keystone with 26. 110 doc bugs indicates a serious need.
>
> Ouch.
>
> > Teams, please follow through on docs and see how you can help.
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=nova
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=keystone
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=neutron
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=swift
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=glance
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=cinder
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=xen
>
> One way to raise awareness would be to crash the project-specific
> meetings and attract everyone's attention to those bugs, pasting the
> corresponding link. It just takes one doc-team member to be around, and
> should be more efficient than filing extra bugtasks or mentioning it on
> the release meeting (which is not attended by that many developers
> nowadays).
>
> Then nothing will beat getting personal, identifying the best person and
> tracking them down on IRC :) But that takes much more time.

Looking at the ical feed I know it's not possible for one person to be the
doc nag if they want to get any other work done in a week as there are now
nearly 30 hour-long meetings each week. :) One thought is to identify doc
liaisons per project that serve the purpose of bringing docs up at each
weekly meeting.
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/ProjectDocLeads

Honestly, though, my sense is that the biggest difficulty is for devs to
step back and look at the big picture of OpenStack and write docs that way.
We also need more deployers writing docs for each other, and users writing
docs for consuming OpenStack clouds. Ideas on enabling those writers are
also welcome.

Anne

> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)