I would like to nominate myself for PTL of Swift.

I've been involved in OpenStack Swift since it started, and I'd like
to share a few of the thins in-progress and where I want to see Swift
go.

Swift has always been a world-class storage system, proven at scale
and production-ready from day one. In the past few years Swift has
been deployed in public and private storage clouds all over the world,
and it is in use at the largest companies in the world.

My goal for Swift is that everyone will use Swift, every day, even if
they don't realize it. And taking a look at where Swift is being used
today, we're well on our way to that goal. We'll continue to move
towards Swift being everywhere as Swift grows to solve more real-world
use cases.

Right now, there is work being done in Swift that will give deployers
a very high degree of flexibility in how they can store data. We're
working on implementing storage policies in Swift. These storage
policies give deployers the ability to choose:

    (a) what subset of hardware the data lives on
    (b) how the data is stored across that hardware
    (c) how communication with an actual storage volume happens.

Supporting (a) allows for storage tiers and isolated storage hardware.
Supporting (b) allows for different replication or non-replication
schemes. Supporting (c) allows for specific optimizations for
particular filesystems or storage hardware. Combined, it's even
feasable to have a Swift cluster take advantage of other storage
systems as a storage policy (imagine an S3 storage policy).

As PTL, I want to help coordinate this work and see it to completion.
Many people from many different companies are working on it, in
addition to the normal day-to-day activity in Swift.

I'm excited by the future of Swift, and would be honored to continue
to serve as Swift PTL.

--John