Hello,

Just a quick update on the QoS API Extension - I plan on attending the
summit in Hong Kong and have registered a summit proposal to discuss the
current work that has been done.

Currently I have two reviews under way:

API Extension & Database models:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28313/

Agent & OVS implementation:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/45232/

Our current environment uses provider networking & VLANs, so I've been
targeting the work to what we currently are deploying inside of Comcast,
so the work on the OVS agent is a bit narrow - I haven't done any work
on the GRE side.

Both are currently WIP - I need better test coverage in places, handle
some edge cases (Agent restarts for example) and code quality
improvements.

If people would be so kind as to look over the Agent & OVS
implementation and give me some feedback, I would really appreciate it.

I plan to study up on the ML2 plugin and add support for the QoS
extension, so we can transition away from the OVS plugin when it is
deprecated.

--
Sean M. Collins