I had a discussion with russellb regarding this for yesterday, I would like
to discuss this with the team regarding the blueprint mentioned in subject.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/auto-vm-discovery-on-hypervisor

of workload that they would like to be available directly with the use of
some discovery workflows. One common usage of this would be exising virtual
machines present on the hypervisors. If this instances can be disovered by
the compute agent during discovery, it would help to use Openstack to
manage the existing workload directly. Auto VM Discovery will enable this
functionality initially for KVM guests, the widely used hypervisor
configuration in OpenStack deployments and enhance it further for other
hypervisors.

Best Regards,
Swapnil