Hey Gareth,

I am for sake of consistency and it looks that what we want here is 'Shutting down'.

There is discussion forum for similar topics, feel free to join: http://ask-openstackux.rhcloud.com.
Also, for live discussions, you can join #openstack-ux channel.

-- Jarda

On 2013/15/11 07:49, Gareth wrote:
Hi all

There is a confused word in horizon when stopping an instance. Please take a look at following snapshots:

1. In the action list of an install, there is an action that is "Shut Off"
Inline
          image 2

2. If you press that, In the confirm window, we still call this action "Shut Off"
Inline image 1

3. When doing this action, it is called "Powering off"
Inline image 3

4. Shut off again after finished
Inline image 4

So should we use a unified name for it? For example we could use "Shuting down" instead. But I'm not sure for this, because horizon has a long history actually, maybe horizon developers choosing current verbs have a more rational reason.

--
Gareth

Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Fitness, Basketball
OpenStack contributor
Company: UnitedStack
My promise: if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes in my email from Mar 1 2013, notify me
and I'll donate $1 or ¥1 to an open organization you specify.