On 2/11/2017 12:47 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

So it sounds like we're good to bump the minimum required libvirt to
1.2.9 in Pike which drops support for SLES 12, Ubuntu 14.04, RHEL 7.1
and Oracle 7.

We'll bump the minimum required QEMU in Pike to 2.1.0 which in addition
to the above distro versions also drops support for Oracle 7.3. From my
30 seconds of googling I don't see any upcoming announcements for a
newer version of Oracle Linux.

I've got a series started here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bump-min-libvirt+status:open

The only things left to remove are the various version checks for NUMA/HugePages but that code gets a bit complicated, as do the unit tests for it, so I'm going to leave that for later.

I also need to look into disabling support for the various distros this drops in devstack [1] if you're using libvirt.

[1] https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/e0a37cf21e43fbb4ba3f9f8fa5321a0a0e1bedf1/stack.sh#L195

Matt Riedemann