On 2/15/2017 12:40 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
Traditionally Heat has given current and former PTLs of the project +2
rights on stable branches for as long as they remain core reviewers.
Usually I've done that by adding them to the heat-release group.

At some point the system changed so that the review rights for these
branches are no longer under the team's control (instead, the
stable-maint core team is in charge), and as a result at least the
current PTL (Rico Lin) and the previous PTL (Rabi Mishra), and possibly
others (Thomas Herve, Sergey Kraynev), haven't been added to the group.
That's slowing down getting backports merged, amongst other things.

I'd like to request that we update the membership to be the same as
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/152,members

Rabi Mishra
Rico Lin
Sergey Kraynev
Steve Baker
Steven Hardy
Thomas Herve
Zane Bitter

I also wonder if the stable-maint team would consider allowing the Heat
team to manage the group membership again if we commit to the criteria
above (all current/former PTLs who are also core reviewers) by just
adding that group as a member of heat-stable-maint?

thanks,
Zane.

Reviewing patches on stable branches have different guidelines, expressed here [1]. In the past when this comes up I've asked if the people being asked to be added to the stable team for a project have actually been doing reviews on the stable branches to show they are following the guidelines, and at times when this has come up the people proposed (usually PTLs) haven't, so I've declined at that time until they start actually doing reviews and can show they are following the guidelines.

There are reviewstats tools for seeing the stable review numbers for Heat, I haven't run that though to check against those proposed above, but it's probably something I'd do first before just adding a bunch of people.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html

Matt Riedemann