On 02/27/2017 11:02 AM, Steven Hardy wrote:
Hi all,

Over the recent PTG, and previously at the design summit in Barcelona,
we've had some productive cross-project discussions amongst the various
deployment teams.

It's clear that we share many common problems, such as patterns for major
version upgrades (even if the workflow isn't identical we've all duplicated
effort e.g around basic nova upgrade workflow recently), container images
and other common building blocks for configuration management.

<snip>

Perhaps we can start by using the tag "deployment" in all cross-project ML
traffic, then potentially discuss IRC (or even regular meetings) if it
becomes apparrent these would add value beyond ML discussion?

Please follow up here if anyone has other/better ideas on how to facilitate
ongoing cross-team discussion and I'll do my best to help move things
forward.

This is awesome to see collaboration here. Big plus from me. Don't forget to also include the Chef, Puppet, SaltStack and OpenStack-Helm communities, too :)

Best,
-jay