What about coe?

Thanks,
Kevin
From: Adrian Otto [adrian.o...@rackspace.com]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 12:08 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: [openstack-dev] [magnum][osc] What name to use for magnum commands
in osc?

Team,

Stephen Watson has been working on an magnum feature to add magnum commands to
the openstack client by implementing a plugin:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/python-magnumclient+osc

In review of this work, a question has resurfaced, as to what the client
command name should be for magnum related commands. Naturally, we’d like to
have the name “cluster” but that word is already in use by Senlin. Stephen
opened a discussion with Dean Troyer about this, and found that “infra” might
be a suitable name and began using that, and multiple team members are not
satisfied with it. The name “magnum” was excluded from consideration because
OSC aims to be project name agnostic. We know that no matter what word we pick,
it’s not going to be ideal. I’ve added an agenda on our upcoming team meeting
to judge community consensus about which alternative we should select:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Containers#Agenda_for_2017-03-21_1600_UTC

Current choices on the table are:

  * c_cluster (possible abbreviation alias for container_infra_cluster)
  * coe_cluster
  * mcluster
  * infra

For example, our selected name would appear in “openstack …” commands. Such as:

$ openstack c_cluster create …

If you have input to share, I encourage you to reply to this thread, or come to
the team meeting so we can consider your input before the team makes a
selection.

Thanks,

Adrian