On Fri, 19 May 2017, Duncan Thomas wrote:

On 19 May 2017 at 12:24, Sean Dague <s...@dague.net> wrote:

I do get the concerns of extra logic in Nova, but the decision to break
up the working compute with network and storage problem space across 3
services and APIs doesn't mean we shouldn't still make it easy to
express some pretty basic and common intents.

Given that we've similar needs for retries and race avoidance in and
between glance, nova, cinder and neutron, and a need or orchestrate
between at least these three (arguably other infrastructure projects
too, I'm not trying to get into specifics), maybe the answer is to put
that logic in a new service, that talks to those four, and provides a
nice simple API, while allowing the cinder, nova etc APIs to remove
things like internal retries?

This is what enamel was going to be, but we got stalled out because
of lack of resources and the usual raft of other commitments:

    https://github.com/jaypipes/enamel

--
Chris Dent                  ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)       https://anticdent.org/