On 23/05/17 08:35, Alexandra Settle wrote:
So, I’ve been a docs core for the OpenStack-Ansible project for some time now
and this works really well within our structure. I do not merge anything unless
it has a dev +2 before I come along (unless it is a trivial doc-only
spelling/grammar change). I think there is a lot of community fear that if you
give a writer core status on a project, that they’re just going to run wild and
pass things they don’t understand.

If it makes you feel better, I don't think this is specific to tech writers. There's a lot of (unjustified IMHO) fear in general about giving out core review rights to a subset of a repo when we don't have ACLs to enforce that.

Personally, I totally agree with you and John here - we already place a huge amount of trust in core reviewers. If we can't trust them to not randomly +2 stuff they don't understand then we have much, much bigger problems.

cheers,
Zane.