On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 09:33:02PM +0800, jiaopengju wrote:
> Hi Dims,
> I got response from core member of ec2-api. What do you think about it?
>

> ----------------------------------
> Hi,
>

> I don't treat adding new library as a problem.
>

> - I see that you don't remove boto - so your change doesn't affect ec2-api
> code.

Part of the role of the requirements team is to ensure that we don't end
up with several libraries that have significant overlap in
functionality.  Clearly boto and boto3 fall squarely in that camp.

What the requirements team needs is some assurance that switching to
boto3 is something that the ec2-api team would be able to do.  Running
on boto which has been deprecated in favor of boto3 make sense from a
lot of levels.  We're far enough into the Queens cycle that I doubt it'd
happen this cycle :(

Yours Tony.