Apologies in advance for so many tags, hoping this is seen by the appropriate
people.

I've put up a patch to merge Django OpenStack Auth (DOA) into the Horizon tree:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/482561/ There is a blueprint to track any
further changes / issues here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/merge-openstack-auth

This has been suggested for quite a while, but we've only recently got round to
it. Historically, the design was supposed to allow for multiple auth plugins
(years ago, we also had Django OpenStack Auth Kerberos).

However, it's currently highly coupled with Horizon (its sole consumer, as far
as I know) and the separation seems increasingly arbitrary. Almost all new
features to Keystone / auth support require changes to both repos (with an
intermerdiary release of DOA) and it causes a good deal of confusion when
people try and debug issues too. Merging the two would reduce release and
packaging work, reduce translation overhead, reduce debugging time and cut down
on review time needed to make changes that affect auth.

I'd like to see if there are any thoughts or concerns from the wider community.

Thanks,
Rob