Thierry Carrez wrote on 11/23/2017 5:38 PM:
Doug Hellmann wrote:
On Nov 22, 2017, at 11:22 AM, Ian Y. Choi <ianyrc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Maybe there would be some chance to be also considered with PDF builds?

I created an WIP patch on openstack/horizon repository [1] to highlight
which changes to be needed for PDF build support on docs and releasenotes.

Although there is currently one warning using "python setup.py build_sphinx"
[2],
I think the warning would be quite fine now since using sphinx-build command
with
"-b latex" option works well and such command execution is how PTI is going
from my understanding [3].
It does make sense to build PDFs. Do you think we want to always build them?

From now, I have several perspectives:
- Since PDF builds do not require additional modification to existing RST documents, always building would be a good idea  (although few RSTs might have problems - from previous experiences, for example, some deprecated usage or
  unsupported unicode characters in font files).
- Some PDF output might be awkward because of image position and table layout, but
  those can be easily modified [1].
- Since PDF builds require additional packages in bindep.txt [2], build jobs might be slow.

(I am also copying this to openstack-docs mailing list for [4].)
We really really need to stop using that separate mailing list. Now that the
project teams are managing their own documentation, we should just have the
docs discussions on the -dev list so everyone can participate.
+1
How about closing that list?

+1

Petr, how do you think about closing that list and encourage current openstack-docs subscribers
to use openstack-dev with [docs] tag?

With many thanks,

/Ian

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427826/27/doc/ha-guide/source/networking-ha-l3.rst@16