On 27/11/17 13:14 -0600, Jimmy McArthur wrote:

Joshua Harlow wrote:
With say an editor that solicits (and backlogs topics and stories
and such) various developers/architects at various companies and
creates a actually human curated place for developers and technology
and architecture to be spot-lighted.

To me personal blogs can be used for this, sure, but that sort of
misses the point of having a place that is targeted for this (and no
I don't really care about finding and subscribing to 100+ random joe
blogs that I will never look at more than once). Ideally that place
would not become `elitist` as some others have mentioned in this
thread (ie, don't pick an elitist editor? lol).

The big desire for me is to actually have a editor (a person or
people) involved that is keeping such a blog going and editing it
and curating it and ensuring it gets found in google searches and is
*developer* focused...

This is basically what https://www.openstack.org/blog/ is for. It's
using Wordpress. It's developer-centric. Anyone can submit to it and
we have editors that can publish it. We also have pretty solid SEO.

Interestingly enough, not many folks are (were) aware of this. It was not
brought up during the discussion at the forum. I'm glad you did, though.

If we already have a platform for this then I would say we need to promote it
more and find someone (Josh? ;) that will actively seek for content.

Thanks for pointing us to o.o/blog, Jimmy.
Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco