On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 4:19 AM, Assaf Muller <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm not aware of plans for OVN to supported distributed SNAT, therefor
> a networking node will still be required for the foreseeable future.
>
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 2:18 AM, wenran xiao <wenranx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> > I have found Network OVN will support to distributed floating ip
> > (https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/networking-ovn/unreleased.html
> ),
> > how about the snat in the future? Still need network node or not?
> > Any suggestions are welcomed.

OVN can select any node (or nodes if HA is enabled) to schedule a router as
long as the node has ovn-controller service running in it and
ovn-bridge-mappings configured properly.
So, If you have external connectivity in your compute nodes and you are
fine with any of these compute nodes doing the centralized snat, you don't
need to have a network node.

Thanks
Numan