Thanks Luigi and Telles for striving to work hard, even in my absence. :) Some notes inline.
On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Telles Nobrega <tenob...@redhat.com> wrote: > Hello Saharans and interested folks, > > This PTG was a very interesting experience, for those not familiar with > what happened there, here goes a quick summary. > > The event became known as SnowOpenStack PTG due to some snow that got in > the way of event. But that didn't get in the way of determined people that > wanted to do good work anyways. > This PTG for Sahara was different, we only had 2 people present so a few > topics couldn't be fully discussed. > > We started our week as Sahara joining the Storyboard room in order to > understand better their status and what are the needed steps for us to > migrate from launchpad to storyboard. > The outcome of that meeting was better than expected. There are only a few > things needed from our side to fully migrate. Tosky got ahead on this and > already updated the migration script to support sahara and other projects > needs and tested the migration with success. Now we only need to wait on > the storyboard team to test it as well and then we need to document that we > are migrating to storyboard. > Action item on this for all involved in the project: Take some time to > read on Storyboard and get familiar with it. > > Than we started Sahara meetings: > > We started with the traditional retrospective, we looked over the work > list from Queens, marking them with Done, Partially Done and Unstarted. > Please all take a look at that and let me know if anything not prioritized > from that list is necessary. > > Now to specific discussion topics. > > Plugins upgrades, deprecation and removals > ------------------------------------------------------------ > > CDH: > > - Upgrade to 5.12, 5.13 and 5.14 > - Deprecate 5.7, 5.9 if we are able to upgrade all three version or > two of them > - Remove 5.5.0 > > MapR: > > - Upgrade to 6.0 and update latest packages for 5.2 > > Looks like MapR 6 offers some new management services which we should acknowledge and add. > > - > - Remove all references to 5.1 > > Ambari: > > - Upgrade Ambari to 2.6 and HDP to 2.6 as well > - Use the Ambari 2.6 image with both HDP 2.6 and 2.5 and 2.4 > - Deprecate HDP version 2.3 and work the removal of ambari 2.4 for S > > Spark: > > - Upgrade to 2.3.0 and check 2.2.1 as subversion as 2.2.0 > - Deprecate 1.6, 2.1 (see move out of trusty discussion) > - Remove 1.3 > > Storm: > > - Upgrade to 1.2.1 and 1.2.0 (under the same tag 1.2) > - Deprecate 1.0.1 > - Remove 0.9.2 > > Vanilla: > > - Upgrade to vanilla 3.0.0 and check if we can add 2.7.5 > > 2.7.5 seems much lower priority to me. Even 2.8.3 or the eventual 2.8.4 seems more important. But I'm not sure. > > Sahara CI > ------------- > We are still facing issues with our third-party CI. We plan to have > nightly jobs running each day for a plugin so we won't need too much > resources, that seems possible with zuulv3. > Also there is an issue with experimental queue, now we run all > experimental jobs even when not necessary, we plan to split this in > separate queues so we can run specific tests. > It looks like the wheels of progress are starting to turn on my end... > > Python 3 support > ----------------------- > Python 2 support is closing and we need to fully migrate to Python 3. > Right now we have unit tests in place, tempest should be easily resolved; > Scenarios jobs are there but failing with swift issues. Once we have all of > those we will have a better grasp of what we need to do and how much work > will be. In any case, we need to get a jump on these soon. > > SSL/TLS everywhere > ---------------------------- > We need to check our status of secure communication with other projects as > well as between Sahara and its clusters. Right now Sahara should be able to > communicate with CDH using SSL but it is hard coded and we need to change > that and test how it goes. Also we need to check certificate management. > For Ambari, CA is generated but not reconized on RHEL/CentOS>=7.4, we need > to make sure this works. > > Move out of trusty > ------------------------ > Trusty support will be dropped soon and we need to make sure we don't have > any dependencies on our side. For that we need to work on removing plugins > versions that are only supported on trusty. > > Plugins outside Sahara > ------------------------------- > After discussion with Doug Hellman, seems like we have a good plan to have > this finally done. The goal is the have a new project (sahara-plugins) that > will require stuff from sahara and sahara itself will load plugins from > sahara-plugins project dinamically with stevedore, this way we don't have a > circular dependency. > The bulk of the work is done, spec should be on its way soon. > +1 > > APIv2 > -------- > We have it available as experimental, but we miss CLI, tempest client, > tempest tests and scenarios tests. > And a few other notes, which I'll bring up at the virtual PTG. > > Boot from volume > ----------------------- > This spec has been standing there for a long time and we need to get this > done. > > Bugs > ------- > Spark amount of resources: > > - We need to check if we can define on config file > - Set the default to 50% of flavor capacity > - If we can get this info from args we won't need to change much, just > add some conditions to make sure we get this info and it makes into command > line > > File copy time out when file is too big: > > - Paramiko PUT is not the ideal solution because it will need to write > file locally > - Pipelined + buffer also proved an inefficient solution > - We will test now putfo + StringIO for file-like object > - And if that doesn't work either we will fall back to scp > > This email ran longer than expected, more details can be found at > etherpad along side with our priority list for Rocky. > > Let me know if you need help understanding anything at the etherpad. > > Thanks for all present, and those who tried their best to help even though > weren't there. > >  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/sahara-rocky-ptg > -- > > TELLES NOBREGA > > SOFTWARE ENGINEER > > Red Hat Brasil <https://www.redhat.com/> > > Av. Brg. Faria Lima, 3900 - 8º andar - Itaim Bibi, São Paulo > > tenob...@redhat.com > <https://red.ht/sig> > TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted> > Red Hat é reconhecida entre as melhores empresas para trabalhar no Brasil > pelo Great Place to Work. > > __________________________________________________________________________ > OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) > Unsubscribe: openstack-dev-requ...@lists.openstack.org?subject:unsubscribe > http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev > >
__________________________________________________________________________ OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) Unsubscribe: openstack-dev-requ...@lists.openstack.org?subject:unsubscribe http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-dev