Oh that's great! I'll try to attend that talk and, in the meantime, gather other relevant tags. Thanks for the info :)

Kendall Nelson <mailto:kennelso...@gmail.com>
April 4, 2018 at 5:09 PM
Hey Jimmy,

So the First Contact SIG has started looking at questions posted on ask.o.o with the tags of 'contributor' or 'contribution' on a weekly basis and discussing it in our weekly meeting as a standing item. If there are other relevant tags that you think we should be looking at I would be happy to add them to the list.

At the Summit I have proposed a talk for the Forum to get more operator involvement in our SIG and perhaps after we have a more diverse SIG we can add some more tags to our watchlist.

-Kendall (diablo_rojo)

Jimmy McArthur <mailto:ji...@openstack.org>
April 4, 2018 at 4:26 PM
Hi everyone!

We have a very robust and vibrant community at ask.openstack.org <https://ask.openstack.org/>. There are literally dozens of posts a day. However, many of them don't receive knowledgeable answers. I'm really worried about this becoming a vacuum where potential community members get frustrated and don't realize how to get more involved with the community.

I'm looking for thoughts/ideas/feelings about this tool as well as potential admin volunteers to help us manage the constant influx of technical and not-so-technical questions around OpenStack.

For those of you already contributing there, Thank You! For those that are interested in becoming a moderator (instant AUC status!) or have some additional ideas around fostering this community, please respond.

Looking forward to your thoughts :)

Thanks!
Jimmy
irc: jamesmcarthur