Hi Novaers,

On 2018/04/07 6:41, Eric Fried wrote:
Some negotiation happened with regard to when/if the fixes for
shared providers is going to happen. I'm not sure how that resolved,
if someone can follow up with that, that would be most excellent.

This is the subject of another thread [2] that's still "dangling".  We
discussed it in the sched meeting this week [3] and concluded [4] that
we shouldn't do it in Rocky.  BUT tetsuro later pointed out that part of
the series in question [5] is still needed to satisfy NRP-in-alloc-cands
(return the whole tree's providers in provider_summaries - even the ones
that aren't providing resource to the request).  That patch changes
behavior, so needs a microversion (mostly done already in that patch),
so needs a spec.  We haven't yet resolved whether this is truly needed,
so haven't assigned a body to the spec work.

Specs are where we discuss whether proposed functions are truly needed, so I've uploaded the spec[7] and put my thoughts there :)

[7] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/559466/

The implementation is in [8]. I've also submitted on it several patches for nested scenario.

[8] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/558045/

[2]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/128944.html
[3]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_scheduler/2018/nova_scheduler.2018-04-02-14.00.log.html#l-91
[4]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_scheduler/2018/nova_scheduler.2018-04-02-14.00.log.html#l-137
[5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/558045/
[6]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_scheduler/2018/nova_scheduler.2018-04-02-14.00.log.html#l-104

P.S.
The hottest news in Japan this week is Shohei Otani's home runs @Los Angeles Angels. He started playing in MLB this year.
You should +2 on this without discussions.

Thanks!

--
Tetsuro Nakamura <nakamura.tets...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories