On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 16:58:22 +0800, Chen Ch Ji wrote:
For the question on AE documentation, it's open source in [1] and the documentation for how to build and use is [2] once our code is upstream, there are a set of documentation change which will cover this image build process by
adding some links to there [3]

Thanks, that is good info.

You are right, we need image to have our Active Engine, I think different arch and platform might have their unique requirements and our solution our Active Engine is very like to cloud-init so no harm to add it from user's perspective I think later we can upload image to some place so anyone is able to consume it as test image if they like
because different arch's image (e.g x86 and s390x) can't be shared anyway.

For the config drive format you mentioned, actually, as previous explanation and discussion witho Michael and Dan, We found the iso9660 can be used (previously we made a bad assumption) and we already changed the patch in [4], so it's exactly same to other virt drivers you mentioned , we don't need special format and iso9660 works perfect for our driver

That's good news, I'm glad that got resolved.

It make sense to me we are temply moved out from runway, I suppose we can adjust the CI to enable the run_ssh = true with config drive functionalities very soon and we will apply for review after that with the test result requested in our CI log.

Okay, sounds good. Since you expect to be up and running with [validation]run_validation = True soon, I'm going to move the z/VM driver blueprint back to the front of the queue and put the next blueprint in line into the runway.

Then, when the next blueprint end date arrives (currently 2018-04-30), if the z/VM CI is ready with cleaned up, human readable log files and is running with run_ssh = True with the test_server_basic_ops test to verify config drive operation, we will add the z/VM driver blueprint back to a runway for dedicated review.

Let us know when the z/VM CI is ready, in case other runway reviews are completed early. If other runway reviews complete early, a runway space might be available earlier than 2018-04-30.

Thanks,
-melanie

Thanks

[1] https://github.com/mfcloud/python-zvm-sdk/blob/master/tools/share/zvmguestconfigure [2] http://cloudlib4zvm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/makeimage.html#configuration-of-activation-engine-ae-in-zlinux [3] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/add-zvm-driver-rocky [4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/527658/33/nova/virt/zvm/utils.pyline 104