On 4/23/2018 1:24 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
Some of us also urged existing leaders in various projects to record
videos encouraging contributors to get more involved by demystifying
processes like code review or bug triage. This could be as simple as
signing up for an available lightning talk slot at one of our
conferences and then performing what you consider to be mundane but
much-needed activities while narrating an explanation of what's
going on in your head. What we've failed to do, as far as I'm aware,
is aggregate links to these somewhere and promote that in ways that
the intended audience will find them.

This reminded me of something I linked into the nova contributor docs based on a presentation that stephenfin and bauzas gave in Sydney about bug triage:

https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/contributor/how-to-get-involved.html#how-to-do-great-bug-triage

Over time I've tried to link more and more relevant summit videos into the nova docs for things like Placement, Cells v2, and really anything that is specific to a domain of nova for new contributors.

We spend so much time working on these presentations that it's a shame when we don't actually link them back into our docs for people to find later when they are trying to learn.

Matt