On 07/09/2018 11:16 AM, Eric Fried wrote:
Doug-

        How long til we can start relying on the new behavior in the gate?  I
gots me some basepython to purge...

I want to point out that most projects require a rather old version of tox, so chances are most people are not staying up to date with the very latest version. I don't love the repetition in tox.ini right now, but I also don't love that immediately bumping the lower bound for tox is going to be kind of disruptive to a lot of people.

1: http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=minversion&i=nope&files=tox.ini&repos=

-efried

On 07/09/2018 11:03 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
Heads-up, there is a new tox release out. 3.1 includes some behavior
changes in the way basepython behaves (thanks, Stephen Finucan!), as
well as other bug fixes.

If you start seeing odd job failures, check your tox version.

Doug

--- Begin forwarded message from toxdevorg ---
From: toxdevorg <toxdev...@gmail.com>
To: testing-in-python <testing-in-pyt...@lists.idyll.org>, tox-dev
<tox-...@python.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 08:45:15 -0700
Subject: [TIP] tox release 3.1.1

The tox team is proud to announce the 3.1.1 bug fix release!

tox aims to automate and standardize testing in Python. It is part of
a larger vision of easing the packaging, testing and release process
of Python software.

For details about the fix(es),please check the CHANGELOG:
https://pypi.org/project/tox/3.1.1/#changelog

We thank all present and past contributors to tox. Have a look at
https://github.com/tox-dev/tox/blob/master/CONTRIBUTORS to see who
contributed.

Happy toxing,
the tox-dev team