Hi Gao

What is the reason why you see it would be important to have these two
additional metrics "power and temperature" for Nova to base scheduling on?

Alan

From: Gao, Fengqian [mailto:fengqian....@intel.com]
Sent: December-18-13 1:00 AM
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Nova] [Ironic] Get power and temperature via IPMI

Hi, all,
I am planning to extend bp
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/utilization-aware-scheduling with
power and temperature. In other words, power and temperature can be collected
and used for nova-scheduler just as CPU utilization.
I have a question here. As you know, IPMI is used to get power and temperature
and baremetal implements IPMI functions in Nova. But baremetal driver is being
split out of nova, so if I want to change something to the IPMI, which part
should I choose now? Nova or Ironic?

Best wishes

--fengqian