From: Alan Kavanagh [mailto:alan.kavan...@ericsson.com]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 11:58 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Nova] [Ironic] Get power and temperature via IPMI

Cheers Gao

It definitely makes sense to collect additional metrics such as power and
temperature, and make that available for selective decisions you would want to
take. However, I am just wondering if you could realistically feed those
metrics as variables for scheduling, this is the main part I feel is
questionable. I assume then you would use temperature &|| power etc to gauge if
you want to schedule another VM on a given node when a given temperature
threshold is reached. Is this the main case you are thinking of Gao?

Alan