On 8/1/2018 12:32 PM, melanie witt wrote:
I think it's definitely a significant issue that troubleshooting "No allocation candidates returned" from placement is so difficult. However, it's not straightforward to log detail in placement when the request for allocation candidates is essentially "SELECT * FROM nodes WHERE cpu usage < needed and disk usage < needed and memory usage < needed" and the result is returned from the API.

I think better logging is something we want to have, so if anyone has ideas around it, do share them.

I don't have any amazing ideas but I did put it on the PTG etherpad for discussion:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-stein

Matt