On 09/04/2018 09:37 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2018-09-04 09:32:20 +0100 (+0100), Chris Dent wrote:
[...]
it allowed for the possibility that there could be another project
which provided the same service-type. That hasn't really come to
pass
[...]

It still might make sense to attempt to look at this issue from
outside the limited scope of the OpenStack community. Is the
expectation that the project when packaged (on PyPI, in Linux
distributions and so on) will just be referred to as "placement"
with no further context?

I don't see any reason why the package name needs to be identical to the repo name.

Is there a reason we couldn't have openstack-placement be the package name?

Best,
-jay