Regarding some web clients that are potentially useful

https://webchat.freenode.net/
  - Zane mentioned this already and I can say I tried/used it some time ago
until I opted for CLI/alternatives
https://riot.im (iOS and Android apps available along with online client)
  - i find it a bit sluggish at times, others have not, either way it is a
decent alternative
https://thelounge.chat/
  - have not tried it yet but looks promising especially self-hosted option
https://irccloud.com
  - what I currently use, I do believe it can be blocked, i am looking into
riot and thelounge tbh

Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman
mrhills...@gmail.com