Matt et al,

  Yes, "swift-internal" was meant as a marker to distinguish it from
"swift-external" someday. I agree, this could be indicated by setting
other fields.

Little bit of implementation detail for scope:

  In the current EDP implementation, SWIFT_INTERNAL_PREFIX shows up in
essentially two places.  One is validation (pretty easy to change).

  The other is in Savanna's binary_retrievers module where, as others
suggested, the auth url (proto, host, port, api) and admin tenant from
the savanna configuration are used with the user/passw to make a
connection through the swift client.

  Handling of different types of job binaries is done in
binary_retrievers/dispatch.py, where the URL determines the treatment.
This could easily be extended to look at other indicators.

Best,

Trev