On 30/01/14 16:14 -0500, Tzu-Mainn Chen wrote:

Thanks for the reply!  So if I understand correctly, the proposal is for:

Icehouse: one flavor per service role, so nodes are homogeneous per role
J: multiple flavors per service role

That sounds reasonable; the part that gives me pause is when you talk about
handling variations in hardware by registering the nodes as equal.  If those
differences vanish, then won't there be problems in the future when we might
be able to properly handle those variations?

Or do you propose that we only allow minor variations to be registered as
equal, so
that the UI has to understand the concept of minor variances?

Back to your original point, the idea of "are we going to allow" seems
fraught with peril. Do we have some kind of tolerance for what hardware the user
is allowed to register after they register their first one? This
sounds like a recipe for user frustration

Mainn

Jordan O'Mara <jomara at redhat.com>
Red Hat Engineering, Raleigh