On 2014/03/02 12:23, Tomas Sedovic wrote:
My apologies for firing this off and then hiding under the FOSDEM rock.

In light of the points raised by Devananda and Robert, I no longer think
fiddling with the scheduler is the way to go.

Note this was never intended to break/confuse all TripleO users -- I
considered it a cleaner equivalent to entering incorrect HW specs (i.e.
instead of doing that you would switch to this other filter in nova.conf).

Regardless, I stand corrected on the distinction between heterogeneous
hardware all the way and having a flavour per service definition. That
was a very good point to raise.

I'm fine with both approaches.

So yeah, let's work towards having a single Node Profile (flavor)
associated with each Deployment Role (pages 12 & 13 of the latest
mockups[1]), optionally starting with requiring all the Node Profiles to
be equal.
I think here is a small misinterpretation. All Node Profiles don't have to be equal. We just support one Node Profile association per role.

Once that's working fine, we can look into the harder case of having
multiple Node Profiles within a Deployment Role.

Is everyone comfortable with that?

Tomas

[1]:
http://people.redhat.com/~jcoufal/openstack/tripleo/2014-01-27_tripleo-ui-icehouse.pdf