On 02/04/14 at 10:39am, Dan Smith wrote:
The inner exception is a thing and the outer pieces are a thing. The
inner means that some instance update was attempted, but should be
aborted if the instance state is not what we think it is.

And looking a little closer, I think it means that the
messaging.expected_exceptions decorator isn't doing the right thing in
that case. That sort of exception should be passed back to the client
without verbose logging since it's an "okay thing to happen" in that
case. It was working before the oslo.messaging change, but I think
something is making it not properly exclude the UnexpectedTaskState
exception...

It's not the UnexpectedTaskState exception that it's missing, it's UnexpectedDeletingTaskState which is a subclass of UnexpectedTaskState. Doug Hellmann posted a fix for that at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/71035 .

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/conductor/manager.py#L113

--Dan