Stephen,

> Aah, Ok. FWIW, splitting up the VIP into instance/"floating IP entity"
Right now I'm not sure what would be the best. Currently we don't have
implementation that allows creating VIP on external network directly. For
example, when haproxy VIP is created, it has address on the tenant network
and floating ip is associated with vip address then. Other providers could
allow creating VIP on external network directly.

Basically tenants can't share floating ip because they can't specify
floating IP on external network.
However, VIP address may or may not be internet facing. If it's internal
address on tenant network then nothing prevents another tenant from having
vip with the same ip address on it's own tenant network. However
internet-facing addresses will obviously be different.

Thanks,
Eugene.