On 02/20/2014 10:12 AM, Radomir Dopieralski wrote:
On 19/02/14 18:29, Dougal Matthews wrote:
The question for me, is what passwords will we have and when do we need
them? Are any of the passwords required long term.

We will need whatever the Heat template needs to generate all the
configuration files. That includes passwords for all services that are
going to be configured, such as, for example, Swift or MySQL.

I'm not sure about the exact mechanisms in Heat, but I would guess that
we will need all the parameters, including passwords, when the templates
are re-generated. We could probably generate new passwords every time,
though.

That is an excellent point. Tuskar will need the passwords every time it needs to regenerate the Heat template (basically when running stack-update).

I don't think, changing the password every time would work. If eg. the MySQL password is changed, then os-refresh-config will fail during the db migration scripts because it no longer can access the existing db with the new password.

Imre