Hi Sergey,

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 19:58:14 +0400
Sergey Kraynev <skray...@mirantis.com> wrote:

> Hello community.
>
> I'd like to discuss feature of Neutron LBaaS in Heat.
> Currently Heat resources are not identical to Neutron's.
> There are four resources here:
>         'OS::Neutron::HealthMonitor'
>         'OS::Neutron::Pool'
>         'OS::Neutron::PoolMember'
>         'OS::Neutron::LoadBalancer'
>
> According to this representation the VIP is a part of resource
> Loadbalancer, whereas Neutron has separate object VIP.  I think it should
> be changed to conform with Neutron's implementation.
> So the main question: what is the best way to change it? I see following
>
> 1. Move VIP in separate resource in icehouse release (without any
> additions).
> Possibly we should support both (old and new) implementation for users too.
>  IMO, it has also one big danger, because now we have stable version of it
> and have not enough time to check new approach.
> Also I think it does not make sense now, because Neutron team are
> discussing new object model (
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-February/027480.html)
> and it will be implemented in Juno.
>
> 2. The second idea is to wait all architecture changes that are planed in
> Juno in Neutron. (look at link above)
> Then we could recreate or change Heat LBaaS architecture at all.

+1

In my understand, it's not necessarily the case that be identical with
underlying resources. Actually, several heat resources aren't identical
with underlying resources by mainly dependency reasons.

IMO, we should wait change of neutron's side model definition,
then we should consider what resource model is appropriate from heat's
perspective. Targeting Juno would be appropriate timing to consider
refactoring LBaaS model.

> Your feedback and other ideas about better implementation plan are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Sergey.

Regards,