On 03/02/2014 09:42 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
Coming in at slightly less than 1 million log lines in the last 7 days:
http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJtZXNzYWdlOlwiVGhpcyBhcHBsaWNhdGlvbiBoYXMgbm90IGVuYWJsZWQgTXlTUUwgdHJhZGl0aW9uYWwgbW9kZSwgd2hpY2ggbWVhbnMgc2lsZW50IGRhdGEgY29ycnVwdGlvbiBtYXkgb2NjdXJcIiIsImZpZWxkcyI6W10sIm9mZnNldCI6MCwidGltZWZyYW1lIjoiNjA0ODAwIiwiZ3JhcGhtb2RlIjoiY291bnQiLCJ0aW1lIjp7InVzZXJfaW50ZXJ2YWwiOjB9LCJzdGFtcCI6MTM5MzgxNDExMzcyOX0=

"This application has not enabled MySQL traditional mode, which means
silent data corruption may occur"

This is being generated by  *.openstack.common.db.sqlalchemy.session in
at least nova, glance, neutron, heat, ironic, and savana

http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJtZXNzYWdlOlwiVGhpcyBhcHBsaWNhdGlvbiBoYXMgbm90IGVuYWJsZWQgTXlTUUwgdHJhZGl0aW9uYWwgbW9kZSwgd2hpY2ggbWVhbnMgc2lsZW50IGRhdGEgY29ycnVwdGlvbiBtYXkgb2NjdXJcIiIsImZpZWxkcyI6W10sIm9mZnNldCI6MCwidGltZWZyYW1lIjoiNjA0ODAwIiwiZ3JhcGhtb2RlIjoiY291bnQiLCJ0aW1lIjp7InVzZXJfaW50ZXJ2YWwiOjB9LCJzdGFtcCI6MTM5MzgxNDExMzcyOSwibW9kZSI6InNjb3JlIiwiYW5hbHl6ZV9maWVsZCI6Im1vZHVsZSJ9

At any rate, it would be good if someone that understood the details
here could weigh in about whether is this really a true WARNING that
needs to be fixed or if it's not, and just needs to be silenced.

oslo-incubator commit a5841668 just got in, and made traditional the default. Of course it'll take a while for that to be copied everywhere. Once it is, this problem should mostly go away.

But, yeah, we should probably remove that warning, since if we let users override the default, we shouldn't fill their log partition for doing so.

--
David Ripton   Red Hat   drip...@redhat.com