On 25/02/14 05:08, Thierry Carrez wrote:
The second challenge is that we only started to explore the space of
workload lifecycle management, with what looks like slightly overlapping
solutions (Heat, Murano, Solum, and the openstack-compatible PaaS
options out there), and it might be difficult, or too early, to pick a
winning complementary set.

I'd also like to add that there is already a codified OASIS standard (TOSCA) that covers application definition at what appears to be a similar level to Murano. Basically it's a more abstract version of what Heat does plus workflows for various parts of the lifecycle (e.g. backup).

Heat and TOSCA folks have been working together since around the time of the Havana design summit with the aim of eventually getting a solution for launching TOSCA applications on OpenStack. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I would like to hear from the Murano folks how they are factoring compatibility with existing standards into their plans.

cheers,
Zane.