> I'm confused as to why we arrived at the decision to revert the commits
> since Jay's patch was accepted. I'd like some details about this
> decision, and what new steps we need to take to get this back in for Juno.

Jay's fix resolved the immediate problem that was reported by the user.
However, after realizing why the bug manifested itself and why it didn't
occur during our testing, all of the core members involved recommended a
revert as the least-risky course of action at this point. If it took
almost no time for that change to break a user that wasn't even using
the feature, we're fearful about what may crop up later.

We talked with the patch author (zhiyan) in IRC for a while after making
the decision to revert about what the path forward for Juno is. The
tl;dr as I recall is:

 1. Full Glance v2 API support merged
 2. Tests in tempest and nova that exercise Glance v2, and the new
    feature
 3. Push the feature patches back in

--Dan