Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce my candidacy for the Technical Committee election.

I've been handling release management for the OpenStack project since
2010. Release management is now an official OpenStack program
(overseeing development cycle coordination, vulnerability management and
stable branches maintenance), and I've just been reelected as its PTL.
This position gives me a cross-project view on OpenStack which I think
is essential to the work we do at the Technical Committee.

With 10 integrated projects (11 in Juno!), release management is a bit
of a full-time job, but I try to find time to contribute to various
other parts of OpenStack, like the oslo.rootwrap library, the StoryBoard
task tracker and other infrastructure projects.

As the chair of the Technical Committee for the last 18 months, I tried
my best to organize and coordinate the work of the committee. I'm proud
of what the current TC membership achieved during the Icehouse cycle,
including:

- significantly raising the QA bar for accepting new projects
- graduating Sahara in Juno and adding Barbican in incubation
- getting involved on the technical side of the DefCore effort
- setting up a governance repository to record policies and decisions
- formalizing clear incubation and graduation requirements
- review existing integrated projects compliance with those requirements

Some of this work needs to continue over the Juno cycle, and new
challenges are forming ahead. We need to continue supporting a measured
growth for OpenStack projects, while solving the coordination and
leadership challenges that it creates. As we grow larger, convergence in
behavior, supported technologies, configuration or code used will help
us reduce the overall technical debt. The Technical Committee is the
right forum to drive that effort.

Finally, the common OpenStack culture some of us old-timers take up for
granted is not necessarily present everywhere in the project. This
creates unnecessary friction between groups: we need to work on
spreading that common culture and documenting the common values which
will let us remain successful as our community of contributors grows in
the future.

Thank you for your consideration!

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)