I'd like to announce my Technical Committee candidacy.

I've been involved with OpenStack since it began. I'm one of the original
authors of Swift, and I have been serving as PTL since the position was
established. I'm employed by SwiftStack, a company building management and
integration tools for Swift clusters.

OpenStack is a large (and growing) set of projects, unified under a common open
governance model. The important part about OpenStack is not the pieces that
make up the "stack"; it's the concept of "open". We, as OpenStack collectively,
are a set of cooperating projects striving for excellence on our own, but
stronger when put together.

As OpenStack moves forward, I believe the most important challenges the TC
faces are:

- Ensuring high-quality, functioning, scalable code is delivered to users.
- Working with the Board of Directors to establish conditions around OpenStack
trademark usage.
- Ensuring the long-term success of OpenStack by lowering code contribution
barriers, incorporating feedback from non-developers, and promoting OpenStack
to new users.

As a member of the TC, I will work to ensure these challenges are addressed. I
appreciate your vote for me in the TC election.

--John