Akihiro Motoki wrote:

>To cope with such cases, allowed-address-pairs extension was implemented.
>http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-network/2.0/content/allowed_address_pair_ext_ops.html

Question on this in particular: Is a tenant permitted to do this? If so, what
exactly is the iptables rule accomplishing? If the intent was to prevent the
tenant from spoofing someone else's IP then forcing the tenant to take an extra
step of making an API call prior to attempting to spoof doesn't really stop
them.

Question in general: Is there an easy way to see the whole API broken out by
privilege level? I'd like to have a clear idea of all the functionality that
requires a cloud operator/admin to perform vs the functionality that a tenant
can perform. Obviously Horizon looks different for an admin than it does for a
tenant, but I'm not as clear on how to identify differences in the API.