On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 01:17:37AM +0000, Kenichi Oomichi wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> Thanks for doing this,

Yes it'll definitely be an adjustment period, it's a change in the current
workflow that the current core reviewers are used to. We all need to remember
to check the qa-specs repo regularly as well. I forgot to call that out in the
original message, thanks for the reminder.

I should probably make that section in the README a bit more clear. The intent
of that step was twofold, firstly it was to bring attention to the specs review
so that it will get the review attention it deserves. (similar to the critical
reviews topic in every meeting) The second effect is that it should hopefully
get the drafter more interactively involved with everyone. We would like people
who are drafting the specs to not just disappear after writing one. So by making
attending an IRC meeting a step in the approval process the hope was to get
people more engaged who are drafting specs.

One of the problems we've had with tempest BPs in the past is people draft vague
BPs for some work and we never hear from them about it, and it just sits there.
If you look at the current list of tempest BPs you'll see a quite a few BPs
leftover from Icehouse in that category. (I'll go through and purge things
sometime later in the cycle) The hope is that by making putting  your spec
proposal on the meeting agenda that these developers will get more involved with
the community. The only hiccup with this item is that there are a couple of
timezones which aren't covered by our 2 meeting times. We'll need to come up
with a solution for those people so the requirement may end up becoming looser
if it ever comes up.

Thanks,

Matt Treinish