On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Salvatore Orlando <sorla...@nicira.com>wrote:

> On 30 April 2014 17:28, Jesse Pretorius <jesse.pretor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 30 April 2014 16:30, Oleg Bondarev <obonda...@mirantis.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've tried updating interface while running ssh session from guest to
>>> host and it was dropped :(
>>>

> Please allow me to tell you "I told you so!" ;)
>

>> The drop is not great, but ok if the instance is still able to be
>> communicated to after the arp tables refresh and the connection is
>> re-established.
>>
>> If the drop can't be avoided, there is comfort in knowing that there is
>> no need for an instance reboot, suspend/resume or any manual actions.
>>

> I agree with Jesse's point. I think it will be reasonable to say that the
> migration will trigger a connection reset for all existing TCP connections.
> However, what are exactly the changes we're making on the data plane? Are
> you testing with migrating VIF from a linux bridge instance to an Open
> vSwitch obne?

Actually I was testing VIF move from nova-net bridge br100 to neutron's
bridge (qbrXXX) (which is kind of final step in instance migration as I see
it)
Another problem that I faced is clearing network filters which nova-net
configures on the VIF, but this seems to be fixed in libvirt now:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2014-May/msg00002.html

Thanks,
Oleg