David did suggest adding REST api endpoints to get data for each channel so
it doesn't necessarily require you to even use the gerrit web ui.  However
the web UI's old screen is pretty much dead so I assume the presentation
would only be available in new change screen.  I know Openstackers have had
reservations about the new change screen but please don't judge it by
trying the gerrit 2.8.x implementation.  It has improved quite a bit.  I
have been using it on the https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com and do
prefer it over the old change screen :)

-Khai